Sunday 5 June 2011

How do you get rid of baby fat without changing your entire life style?

When I had my first child I lost a LOT of weight by the time she was 1 and when she was 2 I was at my prepregnancy size, I did this with no exercise and not a drastic change in my diet. Now my son is 8 months old (3 years younger then my daughter) and I still have a LOT of weight to lose. My stomach more then anything, please help!!!|||You are going to have to make some changes in your life style to get rid of that extra weight, but there%26#039;s no reason to dive right into it by running 5 miles a day and doing a full 3-hour yoga/pilates/aerobic workout right off the bat. Start off small.





One of the biggest things you can do to help cut down on some of that fat is to simply cut back on how much you eat everyday. No need to go anorexic of course. . . but making your serving portions smaller and cutting down on how much high-calorie snacking you do between meals can go a long way toward helping to eliminate that fat.





If you couple this with exercising by %26quot;taking the scenic route%26quot;, you%26#039;ll start making habits that will slowly-but-surely eliminate that fat. By taking the scenic route, I mean that you go the long way, the more strenuous way, to get something done. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. Walk to the grocery story if you are close enough. Even walking for a half hour more everyday will help a little. It%26#039;s always the little things that make the biggest differences.





If you can get into the habit of doing these things, step it up to a bit tougher exercises. Try doing aerobic type exercises for 20 to 30 minutes a day when you get a little time (I know that can be tough since you are a mom!). Biking is another good way to start exercising too since it isn%26#039;t as stress-filled as running or intense work out can be.





Good luck in your endeavor!|||Walking is probably the easiest workout to do with young kids and without having to go to a gym. Almost everyday since she was born, I have stuck my daughter in a stroller and walked for at least 20 minutes. It took me 2 years to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, BUT I didn%26#039;t change my diet. I am trying to that now just to be healthier and because I have other non-baby weight to lose. :)


It seems that the stomach fat is the hardest to get rid of too. I%26#039;ve heard doing Pilates can help some people. I just hold onto my daughter and do crunches The extra weight seems to help build the muscle faster and she gets a kick out of it.|||lol i need to know this also :) baby fat sucks :)|||I have 2 children too!! With my son, I gained a lot of weight and it took me 10 months to get even close to my normal size. With my daughter, I didn%26#039;t gain as much weight, and I am already back to pre pregnancy weight from before having my son! I had an emergency c-section with my son, and a scheduled c-section with my daughter. I have a lot of muscle damage, but the way I lost the weight from both kids was by swimming. I also breast fed both kids, which is medically proven to help you lose weight. I swam while I was pregnant with my daughter, it was a lot of fun for my son and I. He loves to swim with me, so it was a good work out for both of us. Swimming really will help you lose the weight, and tone back up. Good Luck!|||Crunches won%26#039;t help. You have to somehow burn more calories than you take in. You%26#039;d be surprised how many calories you eat just by taking a little nibble here and there.





There are a lot of diet plans out there, but most of the ones that work suggest that you stick to eating the same things you usually do, just cut the portions in half. Also try to eat six times a day, three regular meals and three snacks, and don%26#039;t snack in-between.





Aerobic exercise is also key. Try a brisk walk every morning.|||Crunches do help some...for the stomach area. But how do you get rid of those love handles? Thats my problem!|||You%26#039;ve got to do the crunches. There%26#039;s no other way.