Wednesday 21 September 2011

Any experiences with strangers that changed your life?

If you have time, could you tell me how a stranger, maybe without even speaking, or with a big action changed your life?



Its to give me inspiration for a story I am writing.



Thank you!
Any experiences with strangers that changed your life?
I was once at a bus stop, and this woman kept going up to everyone she could asking for a dollar. Everyone assumed she was homeless and blew her off. No one helped her.



She came up to me, and I gave her a dollar.



She came back up to me about 10 minutes later and handed me a 20.00 bill and said %26quot;sometimes good deeds do deserve to be rewarded%26quot;.



It wasn't that she was homeless. She just needed to get change for her parking meter.
Any experiences with strangers that changed your life?
It was the first day I met my now ex girlfriend. We were doing a show together and after rehearsal we decided to take a walk and just talk for a while. As we're walking downtown a homeless man comes up to us and asks us if we have any spare change because he'd been saving up and was hoping to buy a sand which from Subway. My ex was scared out of her mind and kept trying to walk away so I let her go and gave the man a couple of dollars I had in my pocket. He thanked me and I ran to catch up with her only to be yelled at because we could've been mugged or raped or any number of things and he was probably just going to buy booze with the money anyways. We continued to argue about this because I just wanted her to understand that not everyone is bad.. So, we agreed to stroll by Subway and see if he was inside or not. And he was. He was sitting at a table cutting up a foot-long and passing pieces to 3 kids and a women we assumed was his wife. From then on whenever we went out and we saw a homeless person we'd stop and give them a few dollars and we never argued about it again.