Wednesday 21 September 2011

What was your most life changing moment in your life? Why?

10 points goes to the person I feel really meant what he said and devoted himself to something because of this.
What was your most life changing moment in your life? Why?
As part of an essay I had to write for class, which was actually very revealing towards who I am;



I feel a strong regard for life, however trivial it may seem. I doubt I have the ability to end the life of even an “insignificant creature”, as many would say. If there is a spider in my home, I simply ignore it, or relocate it whereas most other would kill it on sight. The same goes for the centipedes often seen in the summer. This feeling of mine is not just a belief; it is ingrained into my very existence from an experience as a young child. I was young, between the ages of six and ten, and I was at a pet store with my mother and sister. One of the employees had forgotten to close the shutter on the fish tanks. For some unknown reason, a small goldfish had felt the urge to learn the art of flight. It had jumped near four feet out of the tank and landed on the ground in front of me. I stood and watched in a state of horror, as I had been experiencing just why the phrase “a fish out of water” was so dreadful. It isn’t that a fish is out of its natural habitat, but that the very world was set to end the fish’s life. A small crowd of customers had started to form, watching the goldfish’s struggle for life, its agonizing writhing. Logic would dictate that somebody would have the integrity to pick the fish up and put it back. Logic had failed! Not one single person had felt the need to interfere in the reaper’s toying with life. Standing there, I could almost feel the creature’s agony and I had to do something. The least I could do was also the most primitive method imaginable. That was exactly what I did. I went over and picked up the small aquatic being and dropped the thing back in its tank. I immediately felt a rush of relief, along with an emotion that I had never felt before, and have felt only one time since then. To my bewilderment, I turned to face a crowd of faces with near disgusted looks, as if I had ruined their life’s work. That was when I had realized that people are not to be trusted with anything as sacred as Life. Some odd months ago, a strangely similar event occurred. There was a nest in the burnt-out porch light at out front door. One particularly blustery day, the three chicks were knocked from their home. I had come home from school to find two of them still alive, seven feet below their world. Their sibling, the third, had suffered a crushing death, as the shoeprint of either a careless or hateful human being was encompassing the collapsed remains. I felt a surge of hatred for whoever may have done that, yet I felt a sting, instantly reminding me of that day with the fish. I had to do something for the surviving chicks. Knowing that a mother bird will abandon her chicks if she detects the scent of another animal on them, I scooped a handful of dirt in my hands and thoroughly coated them. I reached for the pathetic sight before me. A chorus of screams started to burst from the frightened things and that reaction, even though they knew nothing of my intentions, had actually hurt. After a brief hesitation, I picked them up, dusted the ravenous ants from their flesh and feathers and put them back where they belonged. That unknown feeling from the day of the fish had returned. It is something I know I will never forget. That is the best feeling I could have ever imagined happening, but the true knowledge behind it is that fact that in order for me to experience it, I had to witness the suffering of an innocent creature. For me to want to ever experience it again is something I would not be able to live with. I would not be able to deal with wishing harm to an innocent.
What was your most life changing moment in your life? Why?
When I was 5 I realized that I had forgotten more than I would ever learn in the rest of my life. I have carried that feeling of sadness with me ever since.



So what should I devote myself to, depression? I have certainly accomplished that. So are all life changing moments %26quot;good%26quot;? Also are you suggesting if a woman answers you won't give them 10 points because they didn't devote %26quot;himself%26quot; to something?



Also what gives with life changing life moment of life living? Can you not even remember what you wrote a minute ago?
when i went up in my high school talent show and played my guitar in front of thousands. it gave me confidence to do anything. it changes my life and now i have no stage fright like i did before.



btw put this question in polls and survys category to get lots of responses
I see that yours wasn't when you decided to excel in English. Mine was when I realized that I knew what I wanted all my life. It was such an integral part of who I am that I had simply taken it for granted but sure enough, it was there all along.
I typed out the whole entire story. But, after I typed it out, I realized you would never understand.



I'm really not a very religious person, but God changed my life when I was 18.
Oh, definitely finding Satan. Changed who I am, how I act, and especially my food choices.
Mine personally being born. Probably the same for everyone besides death.
just a few days ago when i realized that life will never make more sense than it does right now.
The moment that I entered this world from my mothers womb.