Saturday 24 September 2011

Which book gave you the power to change your life for better?

Please give a reason why it made you change?

What changed in your life since then?
Which book gave you the power to change your life for better?
'Send Me No Flowers' by Jenny Tomlin



It's about an intelligent girl who has everything she could ask for (personality, intelligent and appearance wise)

She then falls in love with a violent, sexually abuse drug addict and dealer.

You pretty much know what happens now...

She eventually finds the courage to stand up to him and break free.



I had a boyfriend who was violent and was verbally and sexually abusive, it made me realise that standing up to him was the way forward in those situations and for other situations too.



Reading that book made me feel stronger and more independent. It has changed me into someone who wants to do well in life and now knows to get rid of someone like that later on in life and now I know how to deal with things unlike I did before. It's brilliant.
Which book gave you the power to change your life for better?
Two books (which take place simultaneously):



%26quot;Oryx and Crake,%26quot; and %26quot;The Year of the Flood.%26quot; Both are by Margaret Atwood.
%26quot;Man is Not Alone%26quot; by Heschel



Totally changed my life. It is like a blueprint to the path to experiencing God.



I have felt God's love since I read and practiced that book.
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murray.
The power of now by eckhart tolle, I think its realy good ;)
The idiots guide to the Internet..I would be lost without it
The Bible. It revealed to me the true nature of God. I gave up my sinful, selfish life and began to love others more than myself.



j
I fully agree with Polly Cal!.....
My cheque book.