Wednesday 21 September 2011

What book changed your life for the better?

and in what ways did this book motivate you, change your life? Did it put you on a new path to reach several goals?

What all have you accomplished since this incredible influence of this read?
What book changed your life for the better?
The book that changed my life for the better was Anne of Green Gables. Yes, it is a child's book, however, I found myself capable of relating to the central character, which enabled me to learn that anything is possible, no matter how often one messes up!



My favorite quote from the story is: %26quot;Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.%26quot; Can't get much better than that!!



Instead of moping about because I made huge errors in my life, I used that quote as my mantra, and am now able to get through all of my mistakes (which don't seem to be going away).



I've accomplished much since reading this book for the first time 20 years ago. I'm an English professor, own my own home, have a beautiful little girl... life can be good!!
What book changed your life for the better?
Is this an essay question?

Well, if it is, then I'm here to help! lol

My fav book is The Giver, and it helped me to realize how the world could become and how lucky we are as a society to still have free speech and all that mushy gushy junk. You should read it, it's by Lois Lowry.
S.E.Hinton's Outsiders.



When I was a teen I adored reading bad boy novels. Outsiders inspired me to try my hand at writing.



Years later I have a published novel, an urban thriller called In Times of Violence.



My goal now is to publish further books in the urban thriller genre.



There should be more hard-edged, rebel type fiction on the shelves for readers ,and I intend to do that.
Eating in the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationship with Food Through Myths, Metaphors, and Storytelling by Anita Johnston. It is a beautiful book that provides a different look at our relationships with ourselves and food. It really helped me to read these stories and see myself in them and understand how I was like the character and how I could change. The book just doesn't contain the stories, she writes further to explain them and how they relate to our lives. The book also helped me immensely in overcoming my addiction to self-harm.
Lots of classics affected my life and ways of thinking. One more recent book is Angela's Ashes. It made me realize that a person's will to live can transcend abuse, semi-starvation and many other hardships. If we can remember this in the hard times, we still have a chance for happiness and the realization of our dreams and potential.
  • hair coloring
  • Fish
  •