Saturday 24 September 2011

How has Judiasm (Orthodox, Reform, Conservative) changed your life for the better?

I'd like to know how Judiasm (Orthodox, Reform, Conservative) changed your life for the better?



I don't believe this question was ever asked before. I was once a conservative Jew. Perhaps I missed something you genuinely experience?
How has Judiasm (Orthodox, Reform, Conservative) changed your life for the better?
Because my mother's Jewish cultural heritage encouraged reading and learning.



Following that allowed me to come to the educated conclusion that my instinctive atheism was also intellectually correct, as well as %26quot;feeling%26quot; right.

.
How has Judiasm (Orthodox, Reform, Conservative) changed your life for the better?
It hasn't, I blame you for not trying hard enough XD
Fahgetabout it!!!! lol
Growing up in an Orthodox Jewish family gave me the freedom to start using drugs, thinking that because I was one of God's %26quot;Chosen People%26quot;, that I had an %26quot;in%26quot; with God, and that I was automatically forgiven for anything I do, especially since we would go once a year and pray for forgiveness. But even before that, I felt justified in smoking and drinking, and I saw nothing wrong with adding LSD to the list of things I allowed myself to do.
It hasn't change my life cause Im not converse to Judaism, but i can tell that it gave it direction so it went the right way from the beginning.
The only way to change your life for the better is to reject your god!
What a curious question! I have been Jewish from birth; it's who I am; it's what I am. It never %26quot;changed%26quot; my life; it is my life and always has been! I cannot speak to your experience as a Jew. I can say, however, that Jesus has always been and will always be irrelevant to Judaism. If Jesus is that important to you, then be a Christian.
answer: I am one that can answer as I'm a convert TO Judaism. It renewed my spirituality and introduced me to a G-d I had rejected decades ago. The reinforcement of a love of learning, a never ending quest for knowledge and a tribal community sings to me. Its hard to put into words sometimes.
One Jew (name Yeshua) liberated me.