Wednesday 21 September 2011

What book changed your life for the better?

and in what ways did this book motivate you, change your life? Did it put you on a new path to reach several goals?

What all have you accomplished since this incredible influence of this read?
What book changed your life for the better?
The Onion Girl. opened my eyes, made me realize that our world dosent have to be the only one.
What book changed your life for the better?
joseph campbell.

power of myth

%26quot;follow your bliss%26quot;
How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie. Basically, it got me thinking about the type of people I enjoy being around, vs. those I do not, and made me realize that many of my behaviors were a turn-off. Studying upbeat, happy people made me adopt behaviors that have made me more successful (and happy).
Sophie's World, by Jostein Gaarder

i first read it when i was like 11-12... and i've read it about 3 more times since then in the last 10 years... that is the book that opened by eyes to all types of westarn philosophy and challenged me to question everything...

plus, its a really really cool story as well
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
I think %26quot;The Zahir%26quot; by Paulo Coelho, its a novel of obsession it talk about the philosophy of life. its a once in a life time experince.
it was an automotive repair manual ..it saved me money on repairing my car..other than that..there weren't no books that were life changing..
Love Never Fails, by Kenneth Copeland.



I was a person who was always at war with someone and always found my power in being someones victim. %26quot;So-and-so did me wrong and now I'm soooo sad and hurt and angry!%26quot; Whaaa whaaa whaaa!



I read this book (really a small booklet) over and aver letting its message that originates in the Bible really sink in.



I was a failure at friendships, at jobs, at family relationships, as a wife and mother. I was surrounded by failure because that's where I focused my energy. But when i decided to live a life of love and frogiveness it turned my life around.



My mind is no longer consumed by everyones DRAMA--or even my own. And when it comes towards me, I just take my clear mind and step aside saying, %26quot;You know, I have to much to do to let that weigh me down.%26quot; and I go on. Not taking sides, loving and forgiving.



Since then I've won several writing contests. The music I write is fun and uplifting and you can dance to it and others are showing a big interest in it and in me. My Hubbie %26amp; Kids don't have to walk on eggshells cause mommy is in a drama fit any longer. I am happier and more successful in every area of my life.



It is a powerful little booklet.
I would have to say the book Night by Elie Wiesel. It is a powerful story about a boy who made it through the Holocaust. Every time I think my life is bad and I can't go on I think about how bad his life was and how he had the courage to keep going. I would recommend this book to everyone. It is unbelievable what he went through and survived. It's just amazing.
Almost every book I've read has changed my life in some way.... Even to the smallest degree. Some that have made big impacts on me:



1) The Bible



2) Tao Te Ching



3) %26quot;Way of the Peaceful Warrior%26quot; by Dan Millman



4) %26quot;Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior%26quot; by Dan Millman



5) %26quot;Journeys of Socrates%26quot; by Dan Millman



6) Not quite so profoundly, but worth mentioning, %26quot;Celestine Prophecy%26quot; by James Redfield.
girl interrupted it shown me what susanna went through and helped me not want to kill myself
Any thing John Stienbeck wrote I was a teenager in a boys home couldn't read bored a p/o [probation officer] give me %26quot;cannery row' try this it's easy to read took about 2 mos to read it funny a little sex I had nothing but time by the time I left ,about a year later I'd read most of his books I have a warm spot in my heart for Mr .Stienbeck! Still can't spell worth a dime
Going Postal 鈥?Terry Pratchett

The book convinced me to quit my job, cause I realised what kind of company I worked for, and what role I played in that company. Very insightful stuff.
All the books of Stephen Hawking. And, of course, Sophie's World...



BTW, anyone read THE BEANO BOOK and / or THE DANDY BOOK? Maybe, in your childhood days?
Sorry,have you included beef for better digestion?Look Rembrandt.
Take Your Time by Ecknath Easwaran - a delightful read about how to slow down your everyday life in order to appreciate things more, and to awaken your inner sense of true happiness. Absolutely wonderful. Whenever I feel my mind start to race, I pick up this book and reread a few pages worth.
The Course in miracles.



It changed everything.



Love and blessings Don
%26quot;Veronika decides to die%26quot; by Coelho. It made me understand how beautiful life really is and that it deserves to be lived in its complexity.
A meditation for lifes' answers.

24hrs. a Day.