Saturday 24 September 2011

How has wicca changed your life?

I am deeply studying wicca and am doing a little sel practicing in between. Have you personally seen or felt the prescence of the God and Goddess in your life? How has wicca changed you?
How has wicca changed your life?
Sure I have, and so has everyone even if they don''t realize it.



I grew up catholic. I started learning about wicca in the 6th grade, truely converted around 9th. Since then (it has been many years) I have been slowly gravitating towards energy work. Basically, everything in the universe is made up of energy. God/Goddess live in that energy. Feeling that energy and working with it has changed how I see the world. I have worked with my own energy through my chakras to experience my own energy, with the earth, trees, ocean, rivers, etc to feel the energy of the world, connected with the energy of the universe and realized just how TINY we really are, etc.



The Goddess and the God will show themselves to you, you just have to figure out what language they are speaking to you first. For me it was energy, for some it is herbalism or aromatherapy or reiki or meditation or whatever. Keep experimenting, find what part of wicca or paganism you really connect with and go from there.
How has wicca changed your life?
Yes, It has given me the strength to deal with life's problems.



BUT I accept the path suits me it may not suit others. It's not an easy path. It's not easy finding ways to Respectfully %26amp; Honourably deal Bigots.



.
I've reached the place where I can't say what in my life is the result of being Wiccan and what's the result of being older.
I don't think this is what you are looking for, and I'm sorry if you find it inappropriate, but I thank Wicca all the time because if it wasn't for Wicca than I never would have discovered how huge Paganism is and I would have never found my current religion which is a very big deal for me.



Wicca gave me a great gift and on my spiritual path I made a bunch of really great friends, it's all because of Wicca really :)
it hasn't I'm a Heathen and I don't like many Wiccan in my area especially those damn Dianics if it wasn't for me telling my Godhi that I wouldn't I would back hand their high priestess. I can't tell you how much I hate it when people say there family was wiccan all the way back before the crusades it drives me nuts wicca didn't come out till around 1920 and when they try to say they are an ancient religion grr don't get me started. but then I've met some wiccans outside this area that are easy to get along with and are well educated on there path.
I went through a time when I was young and being Wiccan

promised me some fulfillment.

It told me I could be one with nature and with others around me.

It also told me that it could be a part of my Christian spirituality as well.

It said that Jesus could be my god and Mary could be my goddess.

However, as I studied the rituals involved in being Wiccan (i.e.

casting the cirlce)

some parts involved stirring a cup of water or some drink with a knife

(symbolizing the unity during intercourse between my god and

my goddess).

Knowing that Mary was Jesus' mother this seemed utterly wrong.

The spells i tried casting were never effective and my

life felt unfulfilled and extremely empty.

I tried my hardest to get them to work (mind you

they were never harmful toward anyone because I took the

three-fold rule to heart).

Still, nothing gave me what I longed for.

Slowly I became disillusioned.

I became more attentive in my theology classes at school

and eventually i turned my life around.

I am now proud of who I am and the struggles I surmounted

without the help of Wicca.

All I needed the whole time was to send up one heartfelt prayer

to one God who cares about me more than any human

or any aloof goddess could.

I'm so thankful I had this experience.