Saturday 24 September 2011

Have you ever had a "religious experience?" How did it change your life?

I'm not necessarily looking for %26quot;conversations with God%26quot; responses, just wondering how an experience has changed your life. Was that change temporary, or are you still affected in some way by that experience?
Have you ever had a %26quot;religious experience?%26quot; How did it change your life?
When I was 18 I became a mother of a beautiful boy with a man who is an alcoholic. At 20 I was living with my mother and he the father was living with his mother. We had a big falling out and I was distraught I loved him and wanted to be with him but he couldn't make up his mind. I was driving one day and just burst into tears I couldn't stop crying and praying to to God to help me , My car starts chugaluging and I'm like great just one more thing to add to my pile of grief and then the car dies. As I'm crying head on wheel someone knocks on my window and asks me if I was ok. I noticed he was holding a bible , I tell him I am fine which obviously I wasn't and he asks if I want to join him at his church. I said no I've got to get home but the car seemed to be overheated and as I told him this I looked over to my right and it just so happened to be that I broke down right in front of a church. so i decided to go inside and wit for a bit it was great I can't remember what the preacher was saying but when I left I felt like a load had been lifted and to my amazement my car started right back up without a hesitation no chugalug or anything . We are still together and have another beautiful little girl and things are so much happier.
Have you ever had a %26quot;religious experience?%26quot; How did it change your life?
yeah! last year but one i went to a bible school study for one month.at first i thought it was one big joke. but after that i started looking, even at negative things, positively. this has made me achieve what i never thought i had the capability to. amazing!
THERE WERE TIMES I PRAYED AND PRAYED, AND MIRICLES DO HAPPEN. ONE TIME I HAD NO MONEY DID NOT KNOW HOW I WAS GONNA PAY FOR RENT AND MONEY FROM NOWHERE PAYED MY RENT FOR THREE MONTHS. THERE WERE TIMES I HAVE WISHED AND PRAYED FOR THINGS, IT MAY TAKE TIME BUT IT EVENTUALLY CAME TRUE. I BELEIVE IF YOUR BOND IS STRONG WITH GOD THE SUPERNATURAL THINGS AND EVENTS THAT HAPPEN IN YOUR LIFE ARE UNEXPLAINABLE. THE EXPERIENCE WAS NOT TEMPORARY, I AM STILL AFFECTED TODAY I PRAY AND THINGS FALL IN TO PLACE.
I almost crashed my Harley into the back of a SUV when he suddenly decided not to try and make the turning light. I took evasive maneuvers (brakes, turning) around him, into the right hand lane and my foot grazed his back bumper as I sped past through the intersection. Combination of luck, skill and perhaps devine intervention.
Many, actually.

It was nothing too dramatic, but it proved to me there was a God.



I never really gave God a chance until one day my baby sister was in alot of pain (she has health problems).

she was screaming at the top of her lungs, and i didnt know what to do but something made me want to pray.



i put my head down %26amp; prayed. once i was done she stopped screaming.



little scenerios like that proved to me there was someone watching over me %26amp; my family.
I am a religious experience.

It affects my life continually. I am crucified with Christ and so my life is not I but the Holy Spirit of God animates me.
I met Jehovah once. He intruded on my revery, and we shared hostile glances. He left. I didn't miss Him.



That pretty much put a period to my Christian phase.



I threw myself whole-heartedly into my current 'theology'--that I won't bore you with.



The effect 'on my life' has been mainly that I don't have a lot of patience with believers in the god of Christians, Jews, Moslems, and Mormons who haven't met the god themselves. I have, and I was not impressed.



Oddly, they seem disinclined to accept it when I say, %26quot;I've met your god. I don't like him.%26quot;
I opened myself up to gods a long time ago and found a couple right away who eventually led me to others. I continue to communicate with all of them on a variety of levels even today (I always find it strange when someone describes their god as being completely remote and alien).



It's funny but, like stumpfsklub, I also am familiar with an entity that I associate with the Abrahamic diety and also don't care for it very much. I wasn't even going to mention my relationship with the divine until I saw the above post. :D



I don't suppose I've seen all the gods that are. My experience is that most of them aren't really interested in world domination and the like; they have their fingers in other pies. So whatever most people believe in is okay with me, excepting those who try to suggest that their dogma invalidates my own experiences (which seems to be many of the followers, if not the gods). So it goes.
I don't have any thing to do with religions, but I once had a personal epiphany.



Because of it I am a vegetarian and use no products available because of the torture and/or deaths of animals. It has been 16 years so I think I can claim a permanent change and total commitment.
Being form a family (and a country) deeply mesmerized by catholicism I had a religious experience performed on me when I was 12.



It was the %26quot;covenant of Abraham%26quot; it's effects are life long. And it hurt.