Wednesday 21 September 2011

How has the internet changed your life? I am looking for positive answers?

I am includinng this information in an assignment for school. I am looking for different people to share how the internet has changed their life in a positive way. Please include your first name and age.
How has the internet changed your life? I am looking for positive answers?
Amber 13



It's changed my life because it's easier to learn sometimes and easier to connect to my friends. Also, because it's easier to find answer in life. And it helps me with my homework =]]
How has the internet changed your life? I am looking for positive answers?
It has helped me make friends, i find it hard to communicate so the internet gives me the confidence to do this and i have found penpals. thanks to the internet i now have a life. charmaine 25 yrs.
6 months ago, when I first discovered this site, I was very depressed. With the recent loss of my mom. While I am surrounded by friends and relatives, I didn't feel like opening up to them.

I would come to this catagory all the time, and recieve great advice. It was also very comforting reading about similar situations or other peoples problems and also offering advice.

There's an unexplainable feeling about not feeling alone, while not knowing anyone. And recieving instant responses.....



Alisha 35
I no longer have to deal with a guy trying to sell me an expensive Encyclopedia Brittanica set. I just google it now =)
I keep in touch with my family overseas. No more expensive phone calls or long letters. Also we can get fast answers to anything.
You have so much information at your finger tips 24 hours a day. Also you can get all the news and sports you want anytime you want. Now even better you can watch tv, listen to music, watch movies, and go to tons of social sites. Also you have sites that show you almost any part of the world from a plane or satelitte view which is really cool.
1. look at my profile

2. I have met lots of friends online, from all over the world.

3. I have gotten a job after searching online for one

4. I have found old friends from high school, online

5. I am able to do work at home, and send it to work

6. I do all my banking online

7. I do online research for everything I purchase

8. I make a majority of purchases online (walmart.com, sears.com, newegg.com, etc.)

9. I have been playing online games since 1997

10 Y!A is a great knowledge base of solutions to every imaginable question.



.....................Frank....46
I met my husband through the internet.



I also met my best friend through the 'net.



I also found out that my childhood abuser was still alive because of www.genesreunited.com and a police investigation is ongoing because of this. I spent 20 years believing that she had died and got a huge shock when I discovered this was in fact not the case.



The internet has had a huge impact upon my life.
Beth, 52

1. I had never even typed before, 8 years ago got my first pc.

2. I read more

3. contact with people all over the usa and more, like in cards

4. information at my fingertips

5. never have to fight a line or crowds when shopping

6. I can see every item possible before I purchase

7. Old friends are never father then a quick email

Thats just a few, could probably think of more. But hope this helps. Good Luck!
My name %26amp; age shall remain private here, but to answer your question, the internet has opened up a whole new world for me. It was via the internet that I discovered that I had a niece that no one in my family knew about. I have been able to learn many things through research, made new friends %26amp; connected with old ones. While recovering from several past surgeries, it was there to help me pass the time away. When the winters were so brutal %26amp; I couldn't get out of my apartement, the internet provided me with lots of entertainment.
I can answer and ask questions anytime night or day. It's good company, internet. I can surf the web not the wave
It's provided new and more interesting ways for me to distract myself from what really matters in life.
more dating options. easier to talk to women on the net than in person because there are less distractions i think.
I met my fiancee on-line. We would never have meet without the Internet.
DITTO!
It gave me a chance to speak with a Marine I thought I lost contact with. I was so happy to hear from him. It made my day.
The Internet has been a real boon! I've been able to find the answers to many questions I've wondered about for years, even decades, including finding out-of-print books.I've been searching for for a long time; I can find and buy things I need without hunting from store to store; I've relocated and reestablished contact with old friends; I've become more involved in causes I believe in; and if anything piques my curiosity, I can look it up. And I can (I hope) help others by answering questions on this site!



Mary, 65
I met my husband through the internet. I know this is dangerous, but I got lucky. Because of the internet, it changed my life dramatically. I now, have a wonderful life. I am very fortunate to have found him.



On another note, it helps me deal with our adoslescent child. Sometimes when she does things that I dont understand, I go on line and read things to help me understand her and how to deal with it in a positive way.



Also, when there's things around our house that needs fixing (i.e. plumbing, etc..) I go online to figure out how to fix it or what I need to buy to fix it.



I hope I have helped you with your project.
Lots of people meet their %26quot;soulmates%26quot; on the internet, whether it's through online games, dating sites, or whatever. They meet up and sometimes get married!

People can also buy things on the internet, and some people, especially if they're underprivileged or homeschooled or whatnot, are actually schooled on the internet.

It really changes everyone's life nowadays, you hardly have to look for people, just ask anyone.
I know use of the Internet has changed my life in a positive way. For instance, this Yahoo service is a great place to vent, and/or ask for others opinions. Of course, you have to sift through the silly people. But there are alot of people on here who try to help. I also sell on Ebay and that is a money making opportunity that I never would have had without the internet. My husband became ill one night several months ago, I went to the Internet, entered his symptoms, and discovered he had classic symptoms of a heart attack. It may have saved his life. Hope this helps.
first name

age

it has saved me a small fortune in postage stamps

allowed me to see places that i cant afford to goto

gave me info at my finger tips

not to mention all the free things like hacked programs to use

biggest plus was to be able to answer this for you
Yeah it has. I can find info easier, listen to music without buying cds, i can play games for free, i can go to %26quot;Paint%26quot; and save pics i drew and i can im people that are far away or not to far away from me.
It keeps me connected with life. I am a 68 yr old retired teacher and I am just tired of talking. I rarely leave my bedroom but with the Internet I am connected to the world. If not for the internet, I would be a recluse.
In every way possible.... in the 3 years ive had it, ive learned more than in all my life with out it. Ive learned new things, new skills, things you could never learn in school, new philosophies and perspectives and theories, all kinds of stuff... and i managed to sart my own business buying and selling electronics over the internet.
gave me a sorry excuse for a social life (better than no social life at all)
Because of the internet, I was able to do a blog about a little boy who is battling cancer, his goal to recieve the most birthday cards. THe blog and word spread and many people from all over the world sent him cards to help him acieve his goal. So because of the interent, he recieved more cards then he would have without it. I think that is a positive thing about it.
my name is obi and am 35 years, the internet has helped me know more about science, people, culture and business workings. i have been meeting peolpe from different places and doing good business with them.