Saturday 24 September 2011

Do you have any stories that changed your life?

I have to write a mini essay for my homework, but I need some inspiration,please share your stories (that changed your life).



Please don't tell me if you were a drug/alcohol addict.



I am a young teenager so i haven't really experienced a change to my life, yet.
Do you have any stories that changed your life?
There are a lot of different faiths in the USA and I have practiced being a Russian Orthodox, Catholic and Episcopalian. None of these churches made me feel like I was getting to know about God, only a little about Jesus. I stopped going to any church for several years and prayed from home. Still I felt as being in a void. About 15 months ago one of my neighbors asked if I would like to join in a Bible study at her home. I talked to my fiance' about it and she asked me what faith is she practicing. I told her it is Jehovah Witnesses. She said to me Go For It. During this time I have learned what the Bible really teaches, have learned the name of our True God and have been comforted in my mind by living the kind of life that God expects from us. Also made several new good friends who offer moral support and answer questions about some scriptures that I don't understand.

My life changed by learning more about God with Jehovah Witnesses, because I find that people trust me more and believe what I talk about. More important is that my fiance told me that she trusts me more now.
Do you have any stories that changed your life?
Yes but im not going to waste my time telling you about it
Only every f()cking day! seriously I wish my life wasn't so crazy
non, am only 15.
In 10th grade I had an history class with one of the best teachers ever! He brought life in his class and it was not all dates and facts in a monotone voice, but rather he asked questions to the students then explained how things happened. This opened my eyes to history and made me read about it on the side (as well as art history to learn animation. It removed all remnant of religious belief I had and now my life has never been better!
A person once asked me why I was a Christian. I didn't have an answer. I couldn't think of a single good answer as to why I was a Christian. After thinking about it for a while I finally decided to reply with something that didn't mean much to me, but I thought it sounded good. I said, %26quot;Because of the teachings of Jesus.%26quot; That person then asked me specifically which teachings of Jesus I liked. Again I didn't have an answer. I had been raised Christian so I knew the teachings of Jesus fairly well, but I couldn't think of anything special. I couldn't think of anything that really meant something to me. I never replied. Christianity no longer had a place in my life. It wasn't doing anything for me. I was only believing because that's what I was taught to believe. Shortly after while I was sitting on my bed thinking I came to the realization that I just didn't believe in Christianity anymore. I lost my faith. I have felt free ever since.