Saturday 24 September 2011

How did you go about changing your thought process in order to lead a more positive life?

I've been working on %26quot;the power of positive thinking%26quot; (or the %26quot;law of attraction%26quot; if you so wish to call it) because I just feel like I'm on a downward spiral - and at 23 I am far too young for this. I've been thinking about it for quite a while now and the past couple of weeks I really thought that I was getting there. I was no longer just acting happy and fun with other people around (because in the past few years it truly has been just an act) but I really started to feel better. I was feeling more positive, I could see all of these amazing things happening in my mind's eye if I could just get myself there. But since Monday, I've fallen back down again. Since that day, I was ping-ponging between hope and the lack thereof until today I just feel nothing but fear, anguish, sadness... When it comes down to it, I am honestly just afraid that there is no such thing as a happy ending. I don't want to feel like this because the more I feel this way, the more true it will become...



Have you been able to turn your negative thoughts into positive ones? How has it changed your life for the better? How long did this process take?
How did you go about changing your thought process in order to lead a more positive life?
Well I myself have been unhappy most of my life %26amp; have suffered severe depression. Since I learned of the law of attraction years ago I have had my ups %26amp; downs. Honestly I am still in general unhappy with life. Nevertheless my life is at least somewhat better than it used to be. Due to practicing the law of attraction I am a lot more wiser %26amp; educated %26amp; spiritual than ever before.



I still have negative thoughts, I think there is no escaping that in this life time. However I have little ways of dealing with them. Whenever I notice a negative thought or feeling within me I think to myself there is no need to feel this way. And I then think of something positive that makes me smile %26amp; feel good, at least for that moment. It can be hard to sustain that positive feeling though.



I have affirmation paragraphs I read to myself often %26amp; I notice every now %26amp; then the little synchronicitys that happen. If you tell yourself things like I am getting happier %26amp; happier everyday in every way. And tell yourself you believe it more %26amp; more everyday. It will likely at least have some sort of impact on your life.



I know from experience it is more about your feelings %26amp; beliefs that have an effect rather than your thoughts. Though your thoughts will lead to feelings. When you make a positive statement to yourself you have to put the emotion into it to multiply the effect.



Anyway it does take time to change bad thinking habits. And it really just varies from one thing to another. I wish I could be more help but I don't even really know what to say here. I wish I could snap my fingers %26amp; make it all better. Well anyway meditation certainly can help, so that's one option you can take. Sorry I couldn't be much more help. =/
How did you go about changing your thought process in order to lead a more positive life?
Well, it takes 28 days to make a habit. Try doing something each day. Meditation is good. Put on some nice music and meditate for 10 minutes each day.
  • software
  • myspace text
  •