Saturday 24 September 2011

Dads how has your life changed since having children?

I see a lot of questions directed at mom's so I thought I would ask one directed at the dads.



So dads like the heading says how has having kids changed your life?



What are some of the funs things of being a dad?



What are some of the not so fun things of being a dad?
Dads how has your life changed since having children?
Changed my life : Haven't watched a Sunday NFL game, start to finish, in 7 years. Know the names and properties of at least a dozen Pokemon characters. Impossible to have a phone conversation lasting longer than 5 minutes, without an interruption. Get to be a kid again.



Fun : Get to be a baseball coach, I'm always %26quot;IT%26quot; when we play tag, get to make up voices and characters for bed-time stories, birthday parties, camping, having pancakes/sausage for dinner, displaying artwork on the fridge, tickle fights, finger painting, making messes.



Not so much : balancing a busy sports/activity schedule, conversations with ex-wife
Dads how has your life changed since having children?
Not a dad, but I am VERY pro-dad, just popping in to give you credit for this question!
I had to turn my life around. The process had already begun before I had children but the kids sort of cemented the idea.

The unconditional love is simply amazing. I've never had that and in fact didn't understand it until the kids. You can be in the worst mood and the kid walks in and it's gone. My priority's have all changed and are geared towards their success.

Fun times basically cover when ever there is interaction. Doesn't matter what it is. From being covered in makeup with clips in my hair to teaching how to tackle. It's all good.

The only bad, and I wouldn't use that word. Is the frustration from trying to make them understand that what they do now impacts their future in ways they can't even imagine.