Friday 7 October 2011

How did you learn to read? and what book changed your life?

I'm doing a homework assignment about how people learn to read differently than others and am interested in knowing what book(s) inspired you/changed your life and why?
How did you learn to read? and what book changed your life?
I don't remember. It seems I've always known how to read. I know I could read %26quot;real%26quot; books (such as the Bobbsey Twins) before I started school. I don't have one particular book that %26quot;changed my life%26quot; but I DID get kicked out of Study Hall in middle school for reading Valley of the Dolls! Back then it was a very controversial book!
How did you learn to read? and what book changed your life?
I had a whole collection of 'Dr. Suess' and Oh Yes, 'Dick and Jane', with Sesame street on top!!
i love jodi picoult books [especially my sister's keeper]. they relate to a lot of issues going on in the world todayy. i learn to read by picturing the details in my mind. putting myself in the main character's shoes.
umm i was seven and i started reading my sisters sixth grade books then when i turned 9 i started reading high school books the storiess..
Actually My mother taught me to read. when i was between 1 and 2 as far as books changing my life the first book that i read that actually influenced me would be i know this is gonna sound awefull but the bible of course. Hope this helps with your work.
I learned to read in school, if i remember correctly. :] Some really good books that you should read include; The Twilight Series, The Shack ( I reeeeeallly really recommend this book. it's amazing) The Chronicles of Narnia Series, and for little kids, Junie B. Jones series, Hank the Cowdog.



and also another series for older people would be %26quot; The Goose Girl%26quot; series. idk if that's actually what the series is called, but that's the first book in the series.




I learned to read with the Dick and Jane books way back in the 1970's. I can't say that any book really changed my life, but I really enjoyed the %26quot;Little House%26quot; books as a child/pre-teen.
SEE DICK %26amp; JANE RUN%26lt;%26lt; 1961,,, WAS ALONG TIME AGO,,BUT THE BOOKS THAT GOT ME READING WAS LITTLE HOUSE ONTHE PRARIE,,( LAURA INGALLS?) CHARLETS WEB
I dont remember when i learnt to read, but my mum says i was 4 3/4 (when i went to school)



this book didnt change my life, but really amazed me and changed my way of thinking

becoming bindy mackenzie - Jaclyn Moriarty

its really good

when i started i was like, why did i pick this book up, but by the middle i didnt want to put it down

really good stuff



i read another of her books

finding cassie crazy

it was good

but not as good
i learned how to read in school :]



the book crank changed my perspective on life.

other than the drugs, i can relate to most things, it was life changing in my opinion.