Friday 7 October 2011

What are some books that changed your life?

name some books that changed your life and why... I really like to read something that will change the way I think.
What are some books that changed your life?
Neil Donald Walsh Conversations with God

Below is a book review



http://www.xenos.org/ministries/crossroa鈥?/a>



James Redfields The Celestine Prophecy



below is book review

http://www.allabouttheoccult.org/celesti鈥?/a>


What are some books that changed your life?
BrainDroppings by George Carlin. It's hilarious and he has a lot of good points here and there.
I'm ok, your ok - thomas harris. court ordered reading material.
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. Yup it's a mind changer
1984
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It made me insanely depressed about life in general. I wouldn't recommend it unless you can view it as the work of fiction that it is and not read too deeply into it or compare your life to it. But yeah, it's a great book. It is my favorite despite all the negativity it inflicted upon me.
american psycho



i just felt so alightled by the writing- i felt the joy of satire, but also i felt like- wow-- here is a writer that really knows how to illustrate being numb-- and i felt very connected to the writer in this way.



the bell jar,



because it is so good and i felt like i wanted to know sylvia plath and it made me feel like i could write too.





lolita



because it's so alive w/ the details of obsession ,.and again -- i felt connected and like i could write about my dark things and make great writing from them,.
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - it's a true story about a Professer with a terminal illness who has 3 - 6 months to live. Its actually more like a memoir really.

Anyway, after he learns that hes going to die he decides to deliver one last lecture to his students and peers about life and achieving your child hood dreams and goals.



The book is filled with lots of inspirational and insightful stuff.

http://www.thelastlecture.com

Also, if you want to watch his lecture: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxS鈥?/a>
My life changing series is the Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody. It is the most awe inspiring story! You will totally not think of fantasy stories the same way again. I blame it for turning me into a bookworm. I wouldn't have got into so much trouble at school if I hadn't always been reading in class!
No One Belongs Here More Than You- Miranda July

Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time- Mark Haddon

Invisible Man- Ralph Ellison

A Clockwork Orange- Anthony Burgess

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky







I try to read all of these books at least once a year, and I recommend them to anyone and everyone.
  • Bed sheets
  • cope with divorce
  •