Friday 7 October 2011

What is the most profound life changing experience you have had?

How did it change your life?
What is the most profound life changing experience you have had?
ok dont laugh: reading Harry Potter... then discovering Lord of the Rings... now ive moved on to Japanise anime... all of these changed my life...

they opened up my mind, made me enjoy reading and philosophising wich is great coz it means im one of the best in the class with my english and general knowledge... and made me much less pathetic... im only 14... so i havnt had anything serious (i.e. my kid dying or a near death experiance...)...
What is the most profound life changing experience you have had?
My divorce. I'm happy now.
committing an armed robbery at the age of 16 and having to spend 6 months in bootcamp, going to bootcamp changed my life, i became a better person, learned discipline, teamwork, self respect, and many other things.
The moment I finally realized that it is I, not anyone else in the world, who controls my happiness. Once I realized this, I finally could forgive and forget. My entire world-view shifted. I actually learned to love people genuinely, despite their shortcomings.
i moved away from home w/ my girlfriend.......i moved from california to oklahoma.....spur of the moment!!! it was very liberating!!!! i've never been out of my %26quot;comfort zone%26quot;, and had some doubts if i'd even make it 6 months away from home.......its changed my life drastically!!! i have different outlook on life now that i'm on my own, in a stable relationship, and away from home! we just moved, there wasn't much planning to it, and we've been here 3 years!!! its awesome! : )
Having children!

I went from no responsibilites to instant responsibilites.
19th of Januray 2006 My son William was born. It changed my wife and my my life forever.
i was a full time college student when i found out i was pregnant for the first time. i put school on the backburner, and basically gave up my whole potential career to become a mother, while alienating myself from my family in the process. zoe was born 6 weeks early, and she required surgery to correct an underdeveloped duodenum. for that entire week i never left the hospital even once, i only left her side to go eat, pump breastmilk, and catch an occassional nap. on the sixth day, she was doing wonderful, and the doctors told me that she would be moving out of the NICU to the next level nursery. then on the day that she turned a week old, she took an unexpected turn for the worse and passed away. i felt like i had died right along with her. i had given up everything and turned my whole world upside down for the sake of being a mother, and having her became what i wanted more than anything in the entire world, and once she was taken away from me, i was left with nothing. i never really understood what hitting rock bottom meant until then. sure, i had plenty of family and friends to console me, but i didn't want any of them, all i wanted was zoe. i can't tell you how many times i seriously considered driving my car off a bridge to make my death look like an accident. so a couple months pass, and i start to feel sick. i took a test, and sure enough, i was pregnant again, just a couple months after burying my firstborn. i was in shock, i didn't want another baby, i wanted zoe. but getting pregnant again turned out to be the best thing that's ever happened to me. daphne is 2 years old now, and she's the most precious gift i've ever been given. all of this has taught me to never take anything for granted, because you never know when your happiness can be taken away from you.
My father's death changed my life. I found him, his eyes looked sealed shut. The clearing of his belongings in his apartment and finding things he'd never worn. It all changed my whole outlook on life. I no longer buy things and not used them. I make a conscious effort not to take anyone or anything for granted. I tell my family i love them as often as i can, i wear my favourite perfume everyday, i alternate my jewellery, lol! I try not to be so hard on myself and i take and accept people for who they are, warts and all. I try hard to enjoy each day as i live it and not look so much to tomorrow. I may not smile as easily as i used to but when i do, its coming from a deeper place. Oh and watching the birth of my grandson too... I have been blessed!!
Watching the movie; %26quot;A walk to Remember%26quot; i'm 13, and it left me a message I can never forget throughout my whole life. It thought me that life itself is a challenge, and a lesson. It's not the world that weights us down, but it's the way we carry it.



The most difficult thing is forgivness. Love is always patient and kind, it is never jealous, love is never boastful, or concealing, it is never rude or selfish, it doesn't take offence, nor resentful. True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. The happiest people do not necessarly have the best of everything, they see the best of what they've got.



In life we've got to be realistic, it no use saying that it has benn a great day, if it was a bad one, just to try and feel better, because it's of no use, but at least think that it could have been worse. And the last thing, keep that smile for everyone, a smile, a word, a small touch, can change a person's life.



Anyway, that is what I've learned, and these will be my guidelines in life.

Hope you'll have an extra-nice day! and remember keep smiling and enjoy life to the full!! :)
Without a doubt, the day my daughter Emily was born, April 24th 2003. Until she came along I didn't really understand the level of sacrifice I'd be prepared to give for pure love. I haven't read any of the other answers yet, but I expect to find several answers that mention parenthood. I dare say bereavement would have the reverse effect, but fortunately I've yet to lose anybody so close to me. Please God, may it stay that way for the longest possible time.
  • wavy hair
  • i own a problem near my computer
  •