Wednesday 26 October 2011

How did your life change after your depression ?

I had anxiety problem which lead to my depression and i was wondering how did your life change? Did you relocate? Did earn respect from friends or family? Did you have a promotion?

(serious replies please and no judgment thanks)
How did your life change after your depression ?
got depressed took lots of drugs then i quit then lots of drink then i cut back then lots of sluts i started to like one and she didn't want to stay with one guy now i'm depressed again.



just gotta roll with it lol ;)
How did your life change after your depression ?
ITS SUCKED
my life changed dramatically I was very friendly out going. now I am clingy to my husband and dont care to make friends or go out and have fun I avoid my family. it really sucks but i am trying to find my way still
I shut down and avoid people. I have alot im working on in my life. Until I get what I desire I may stay struggling!
I'm going through the same thing...I'm at the point now where I am hovering over the %26quot;big red phone%26quot; (AKA my xanax) the fear of having a panic attack is preventing me from doing everything I want to, not the actual disorder. the depression is now stemming from the sense I have now that I am trapped in my own house.



my doctor told me that these irrational tendencies never really go away, they are found and treated, but the treatment makes the coniditon migrate somewhere else and doesn't rid you of it completely. it's a comforting thought to know that the human mind is powerful, but our will is moreso. we can see behind the smoke and mirrors and act accordingly.



I'm sorry you're going through this right now. if you ever need to talk you should email me.
Take a look at the statistics at how many people have depression, take SSRIs or other medication. There is no shame to depression any longer. The shame is doing nothing about it, making yourself miserable and everyone around you too!



As for me, I have been on NUMEROUS types of medications....Wellbutrin, Celexa, Effexor, Lexapro, Cymbalta....more. They all helped for a while but then eventually they would stop working and I'd have to change them. Two years ago after a SERIOUS bout of depression and a suicide attempt I went on an extreme diet where I stopped eating all prepared foods, all fast foods, stopped eating all refined sugars, stopped eating all wheat because the gluten in it is poison to the system, I stopped drinking all diet soda, and started eating only organic and whole grain foods.



Today, I am completely depression free AND I am taking NO MEDICATION.....NONE! I am like a new woman, positive, encouraging, friendly, no anxiety, high energy.



My suggestion to you is to examine what you are putting in your mouth. You are what you eat!



YOU are in control of your life. You decide what you what....to be depressed, anxious, angry, feeling unworthy and addicted to harmful pharmceutical drugs or empowered and in control for the rest of you life?



Oh and I tried the psychiatrists, praying, support groups......all BS.....just analyze what you are eating and exercise!
Well Ive had depression for about three years now, and I can say it really has changed my life. I didnt earn respect from friends or family, I didnt get a promorion or relocate, nothing like that, since I am only 18, but I used to dream of being a famous singer, and I was so sure thats what I was going to be, and now all I really care about is helping others and becoming a counselor for those dealing with depression. Since the famous part is a little unrealistic....I can say, having depression, really prepared me for the real word and I know exactly what Im going to college for. Anyways, good luck sweetie, I hope I helped some!!
My changed the most through...relationship-wise.

-friends disappear

-all the people who you thought were friends, disappear

-'beta' family members start to take over you if you were an 'alpha' before the depression...

-you get psychotic symptoms..I exuded schizo traits and panic attacks

-you might get bullied

-you 'lose' who you are (in the your mind only though - you can't literally 'lose' oneself), or think you can be many personalities at one time (but this is an idea that actually makes you sick not happier)

-i did not relocate nor got a promotion nor earn respect



but, after your depression...you reap the rewards. you really do. ;)
  • cat
  • vb
  •