Wednesday 26 October 2011

If a fictional character changed your life more than a real person has, is this character more real?

If a fictional character changed your life more than a real person has, is this character more real than real life people?
If a fictional character changed your life more than a real person has, is this character more real?
For me, Yes!



Anything that inspires to such an extent that it affects your life in real terms has to have real value...than all the real people who do nothing for you!!!



Afterall, life is nothing but a conglomeration of ideas, dreams and their effects...
If a fictional character changed your life more than a real person has, is this character more real?
Many fictional character influence our life in many ways. e.g a child plays a character of CID when he sees or reads the fiction. and later on he may have a curious mind for everything..

Yes , sometimes it influenced so badly, it effects the psychology of a person.

Mostly adolescence take it seriously . Sometimes may be good also ,sometimes it gives the worst result.
In one sense there's no difference between a fictional person and a real person whom you'll never meet. Both of them, for you at least, exist only in your mind. Sure, they're talked about differently, but they're still both just neuronal representations in your head.



That might be an inspiring answer or a totally dull one, I can't tell. But the more I look at your question, the more it looks like you're embedding the answer in the question.



For example, what you mean by saying %26quot;more real%26quot;. Because if %26quot;real%26quot; means %26quot;real%26quot;, then there's no such thing as %26quot;more real%26quot;. So what you're saying is that there are degrees of %26quot;real%26quot;. So now you have to decide what you mean by %26quot;real%26quot;, or maybe even rethink what you mean by the whole question.



And also when you ask about the fictional character changing your own personal life. You're talking about that character's influence solely on you, regardless of what relationships might exist among other people and that fictional character. Yeah, the more I look at your question, the more I think that you're not sure what you mean. Have a think and pose a refined version of it?
I think the real difference is in the potential of non fictional characters to continue affecting your life. So long as a fictional character has actions, thoughts or words unseen, unthought and unheard they can continue affecting your life. Potentially as much or more than any non fictional person. But fictional characters within our personal timelines live much shorter lives than the non fictional types that surround us. That fact along with our inability to interact with fictional characters or change their world in any way are the main differences between what we're forced to call %26quot;real%26quot; and the fictional.
Oh, thank you for asking this! Well I don't quite understand what you meant by 'real'.. But either way I think I catch your drift. I'd rather say that they gave me a real 'impact'. And like someone said here, behind every fictional character is a real person/s who created them.



That actually happened to me a lot of times and I usually end up idolizing the creator of that character. Let me just tell you about my favorite fictional character ever: His name is Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy IX, his pick up line is %26quot;Do I need a reason to help someone?%26quot;, and he was designed by Toshiyuki Itahana. For more about him, check this link.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Zidan鈥?/a>



Well, of all the fictional characters I've known, he is the most realistic one I've seen yet. And I can just say that their characters are more interesting than the likes of people I usually meet outside everyday by a million times. Anyway, my second favorite would be Ramza Beoulve from another Final Fantasy game. The plot is just really SOMETHING for a video game of that time. It's very much like the reality of our own society and I think the developers really meant it to be that way.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ramza
One or more fictional characters DID change my life more than any real person did, and yet I am quite aware that they are fictional. They seem real while I am reading the book; afterward, they are only real as part of me. (Growing up, I wanted to be like the heroines in my favorite books. I'm not sure if it was conscious or unconscious, but I did become much like them.)
YES indeed. After all, what matters is the impact (and the right one) on one's life, whoever it might be due to.

And also remember,.......... that fictional character was made up by a real person, ...... which means that behind every fictional character is a real person!
His fictional plan for his life is might be worth following in my real life. A road map is also fictional but can still be followed successfully
It's the AUTHOR who is ultimately responsible for changing your life. (Or screenwriter, or etc.)
When ever I read or re-read any book by Sharat Chander I behave better, I love people more and I forgive others easily. I wish it lasts longer than it does.
It still remains a fictional character.
Perhaps for those who can distinguish between fact and fiction no, and for those that can't yes.
how something affects your life or change your life does not speak of or pertain to whether that thing or anything is real at all
it remains
Not when you're older, maybe as a child if I can remember correctly. Real life is a bit too real. :)
Yeah, God, but not for the better.