Friday 7 October 2011

Is there any book that you read that changed your like - sorta like a life handbook?

Life does not come with a handbook so most of us are running around like headless chicken. Have you read any book that actually changed your life for the better? Share the name and how it changed your life.
Is there any book that you read that changed your like - sorta like a life handbook?
Ylanya VanZant's %26quot;Yesterday, I Cried%26quot; is a wonderful book for those of us who have gone through horrible childhoods. This book gave me the strength to battle my demons and fight to get a better life by following my heart and dreams.
Is there any book that you read that changed your like - sorta like a life handbook?
_Why I Am Not a Christian_ by Bertrand Russell. Russell was plainly smarter than I was and unlike me was not afraid to say what he really believed rather than what he was supposed to believe. At 14, that saying-what-you-think was life-changing, and, I believe, for the better.



W. H. Auden's poem %26quot;As I Walked Out One Evening%26quot; also affected me powerfully. It pointed out to me the way the world was organized: observers, lovers, and philosophers, brooders, romantics, and pessimists. I don't think that is the conscious aim of the poem (if the poem has a conscious aim) but I used it that way.
Healthy Thinking - Tom Mullhound



Brilliant %26amp; easy to read =)

It helped me look at the positive side of life