Wednesday 26 October 2011

What is taht one thought which changed your life?

any thing you wanted to do and by thinking to put it in tat way u actually put it in that way.. or you thought of being a doctor and u worked hard for it.. so tis thought changed your life.. any thing of this kind....
What is taht one thought which changed your life?
Well, I will try to tell a short version of a long story... I was a high-school dropout who used to do a lot of drugs as a teenager. Luckily I had a sister-in-law who prompted me to get my GED. I ended up working for years in kitchens, then moving up to factories. Along the way I kicked all of my habits including tobacco. Eventually I had a moderately well paying job as a welder, but was becoming increasingly frustrated at how little my jobs had allowed me to be creative. I had been told time and time again that %26quot;I was being paid to work, not to think%26quot;. Eventually I realized that I would be happier if I were paid to think, and had a career that required me to be creative. This was my epiphane... I applied to college and was accepted (and was even admitted into the honors program based on my entrance test scores!). I gave my job my notice and started on my BS in Biochemistry. Six years later I am in my second year of Grad School pursuing my Ph.D. in Developmental and Molecular Biology and I could not be happier!
What is taht one thought which changed your life?
I ended up in prison, and had to figure out if it was the life I wanted. I chose not to go back and work as a tax professional for a very successful firm. Even an old ex-con like me can change.