Wednesday 26 October 2011

What are things that help when you are majorly transforming your life?

I am going through positive major life changes and struggling to break free of old habits. I tend to stay inside and I need to get out more also. What things helped you to transform/ change your life/ quit smoking?
What are things that help when you are majorly transforming your life?
Check out local festivals and things to go wander around. Walking is great. Look for markets as well.



Dance classes. Try Ceroc or modern ballroom classes where you meet people and you don't have to bring a partner.



Do a course at your local night school - language, cooking, history. Something that interests you.



Plan a trip somewhere. Maybe visit an old friend? If you have the money and the time, what about a new country? Somewhere totally different and not somewhere you'd normally think of going to for a holiday - Vietnam, Peru.

Book a tour where you can go by yourself but have the comfort of other people if you need it.



Good luck!
What are things that help when you are majorly transforming your life?
Friends friends friends

get some friends to help you
A good positive mental attitude is the first step. Get yourself outside, even if only for a few minutes at first, and then start to build that up.

Exercise will help to release endorphins which will boost your mood and help you feel better, as well as helping you to get fitter.

Look at your diet. A poor diet, lacking in vitamins and minerals will make you sluggish and cause lack of energy.

Have a look at this website...



http://gosmokefree.nhs.uk/



It will help with the stopping smoking.

I'm training to be a massage therapist and learning more about nutrition and what poor nutrition can do has really opened my eyes and given me the kick up the bum I needed to make some changes.

I'm drinking more water - between 2 and 3 litres a day, which is helping me to stay properly hydrated and is doing wonders for my skin too!

I've made some serious dietary changes. I'm vegetarian but my diet was far from good.

I'm not stopping smoking yet. I know I should but I have other things going on in my life so I'm not ready to just yet.

Is there anything you really want to do? Like learn how to salsa dance or an art class? Then go and do it. You will be amazed at just how much more positive it will make you feel.

Good luck!
I stopped smoking cigarettes back in November of 200, just before Thanksgiving of all times.

I had it rough for about a week, but after that I was on my way to a better life.

I feel great right now and don't think about them. I gained a few pounds nothing major.





I sleep better, breathe better , feel beter and even not as stressful as I was, but I'm very energetic and drinking lots of water.



I have to stay busy and when I'm aournd smokers I can smell it now. It doesn't bother me, but I prefer to not smell it since I stopped, but I have lots of friends that still smoke so I just ignore it and move on and finally after smoking for 20 years it was very easy for me to put it down.



Anybody can put them down when you're ready too. You don't need nicotine gum and all that stuff. Just stop like I did and let it run its course.
Friends! That is the best support system you could possibly have. Keep the ones pulling you up, and ditch the ones that could potentially bring you down. Also, try to find a new hobby.