Friday 7 October 2011

Is there any book which changed your life ,i am not talking about study books,apart from those books is there?

any self help,philosophy or fiction book which changed your life.



and more importantly in what way or which specific area of your life did that book bring about a change?
Is there any book which changed your life ,i am not talking about study books,apart from those books is there?
yes.%26quot;city dharma, keeping cool in the chaos%26quot; by arthur jeon is a book built on buddhist concepts...but leaves any religion completely out of the picture....great book for living in a hectic environment...mentally and physically..and it is easy to read and understand..and entertaining as well..helped me in areas such as letting go of preconcieved notions...accepting things for what they are....developing compassion...you know things like that.....



umm....ive read a few books by the Dalai Llama, %26quot;how to see yourself as you really are%26quot; is a good one.....pretty much any book based on buddhist concepts and ideas have really changed my life tremendously...and i am far from religious...



also check out modern man and his symbols by carl jung....its really easy to read and understand...this book helped me understand my dark side...or my %26quot;shadow%26quot; so to speak...and helped me integrate it with all other parts of my self...rather than rejecting it.



good luck man.



also music has life changing properties you know....for me the music of TOOL has changed my life......and they somewhat tie in some carl jung ideas and i guess you could say some buddhist conepts too...i recommend the albums aenima and lateralus.
Is there any book which changed your life ,i am not talking about study books,apart from those books is there?
Still Alice. It is a book about a professor who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. It follows her through her journey of being %26quot;normal%26quot; to being taken over by the disease. It really lets you inside her mind, to see how a patient with Alzheimer's feels. My heart broke. It changed me in that I no longer look at people with any sort of disability as weaker than the rest of us. They still feel, are still intelligent, still need love. When we see a person with a disability, we may automatically look to their care-giver to ask questions and have a conversation, when in reality, a lot of times the disabled person is fully capable of answering those same questions.
An autobiography on Dr. King. Up till I read that book, I had been influenced by my families attitude toward black people - they are all right in their place. After reading that book, I came to realize that my family was wrong and I changed my way of thinking.



And I'm happy to say that after years of struggling and fighting I have changed the thinking of several members of my family and they no longer hold that opinion.
Here are some books which can change people's lives:



1) You Can Heal Your Life

2) Growing Up Without Shame

3) The Holy Bible
Ylanya VanZant's %26quot;Yesterday, I Cried%26quot; is a wonderful book for those of us who have gone through horrible childhoods. This book gave me the strength to battle my demons and fight to get a better life by following my heart and dreams.
%26quot;A Tree Grows In Brooklyn%26quot; by Betty Smith and %26quot;Atonement%26quot; by Ian McEwan.
Tipping the Velvet!!