Friday 7 October 2011

So which songs have truly changed your life?

I can never understand how people can say a song can't change your life. There are far too many for me to say, but I think, Michael Jackson's songs mean more to me than almost anything.
So which songs have truly changed your life?
I was raised by a concert Pianist for a Mom. She had Me playing Mozart by the time I was seven. But by the time I was in My late teens I was beginning to lose intrest in the piano. However one song changed all that and gave me a burning desire to learn how to play organ, and that song was %26quot;Burn%26quot; by Deep Purple. So yeah, a song changed My life. But I'd also say that there are many people in the World that care not a whit for music, and would never be affected by any song. To me that's their loss, but it's also assuredly their choice as well.
So which songs have truly changed your life?
Thank You.

Report Abuse


Well, I was raised on Bob Dylan so I think Like A Rolling Stone has had a major impact on me, just for the fact that my dad used to play it for me (along with the rest of the Dylan back catalogue) when I was growing up. It's just sort of been in my conscience all throughout my life and I'll always associate it with my childhood and my father.



More recently, I think Rehab by Amy Winehouse means a lot to me. It's not the lyrics or anything, but just the time it came out. The year that song was released was one of the best years of my life and I do really love that song. The emotion she conveys in it is powerful and by listening to her music I have been led to discover a whole new world of soul music, which has been great. I owe the broadening of my horizons to that song and I think it is a song I will be playing to my children in the future and remembering where I was in my life when it came out.
To some people songs change their lives, to others it doesn't - not everyone perceives songs/music in the same way. Songs have not changed my life one iota ~but~ they have enhanced or become attached to experiences in my life. The experiences would have happened either way, the songs just give my memory an easy way of bringing them back if I wish.
Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield- This is amazing. Like, the future isnt set in stone, only you can make your future what you want it to be.





Soulmate- Natasha Bedingfield- This makes me feel good. Just, that, everyone has someone out there.





Just Stand Up- Beyonce, Natasha Bedinfield, Ciara, Miley Cyrus, Melissa Etheridge, Leona Lewis, Fergie, Carrie Underwood, Rihanna, Mary J Blidge, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Keyshia Cole, LeAnn Rhymes, Ashanti, and...I think that's it XD It was a various female artists on a single, they sung it for Just Stand Up for Cancer or somethin like that. http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=just+st鈥?/a> Truly amazing song
All music that i listen to has changed my life.

it inspires me, and gives me hope, and sets me free when i feel like im bound by chains.



a more specific: born for this (paramore)

ive always wanted to be a musician and this song always inspiers me to keep going.



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
i dont love michael jackson the image but i do love his inner child like heart and soul,that will never die, as far as life changing songs my favourite is living for the city by stevie wonder, followed closely by the jacksons %26quot;,even though youve gone%26quot; on the epic label from 1978.
Radiohead - %26quot;Fake Plastic Trees%26quot;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5h0qHwNr鈥?/a>



Oasis - %26quot;Don't Look Back in Anger%26quot;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8OipmKFD鈥?/a>



The Beatles - %26quot;Eleanor Rigby%26quot;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxyJLxV0_鈥?/a>
Michael Jackson's songs have changed my life too. I think Keeps Getting Better has changed my life the most though. It was my parents'

wedding song(if I have the right song name).
quite a few songs have changed my life.



MCR's cancer did

Simple Plan- Perfect

Michael Jackson- Earth Song

Avenged Sevenfold- Dear god
One - Metallica.

Blackbird - Alter Bridge

Plug-in Baby - Muse



These songs are the basis for everything I listen to.
%26quot;I Whupped Batman's ***%26quot; by Wesley Willis.



Honorable Mention: %26quot;Suck a Cheetah's Dick%26quot; by Wesley Willis.
Stop Crying Your heart out by Oasis



Love is My Religion by Ziggy Marley



Martha my Dear by The Beatles



Chill out by Black Uhuru
warmness on the soul - avenged sevenfold



creep - radiohead



congratulations - blue october





:)

these are my top 3 songs , i love them
Morrissey has changed my life. %26quot;There is a light that never goes out%26quot;, %26quot;seasick, yet still docked%26quot;, %26quot;i know it's over%26quot;
'Paradise City' by Guns N Roses blew my mind when it came out... i was casually into pop/radio music at the time... but this got me into metal, and that whole scene shaped me a hell of a lot i would say...
Du Hast-Rammstein

It got me into good music.
%26quot;Heroes%26quot; by David Bowie

%26quot;Hey You%26quot; by Pink Floyd
anastaica defeted
30 DAYS IN A HOLE , HUMBLE PIE
Funeral of Hearts- HIM



Dear God- a7x
Us and Them by Pink Floyd